CAO Online Application 2024/2025 Login
CAO Online Application 2024/2025 Login
The central Application portal’s online application portal is now open to accept applications for the academic year 2024-2025 on behalf of its partnering universities and colleges. Every year, the Central Application Office CAO accepts and processes application forms for universities such as DUT, MUT, UKZN, and UNIZULU. The Central Application Office will open on March 1, 2023, for the academic year 2024-2025.
All programmes available for July 2023 and January 2024 entry are available on its website www.cao.ac.za and mobile app. The list of all programmes available for 2023 (Second Semester starting in July 2023) and for 2024 (First Semester starting in January 2024) are also listed on the application portal
If you are unsuccessful with any of your program choices after applying, you may complete and submit a ‘Change of Mind’ form (COM). This must be completed online. When the COM administration fee is received, these COMs are immediately available to the institution/s to which you have applied. COMs completed online and paid for with EasyPay are processed the day after the COM administration fee is received.
Opening Date of CAO For 2024 Admissions
Applications for the academic year 2024/2025 will be accepted beginning March 1, 2023! Don’t delay; submit your application as soon as possible after March 1st. The earlier you apply, the more likely you are to be considered for admission to your desired university or college.
CAO Application Fee and Closing Dates for 2024-2025
The Closing Date for a programme is the final date for your application and administration fee of R250.00 to reach the CAO office and for it to be considered as being ‘on-time’.
Applications received and/or administration fees received after the programme Closing dates are considered late and may only be considered after all ‘on-time’ applications have been assessed.
Applications and/or administration fees received from 1 November 2023 incur the late fee cost of R470.00
How CAO Works
- At the same time you apply, you may pay the administration fee online and upload your supporting documents. You may choose not to pay the administration fee online.
- However, You can choose to pay the administration fee via EasyPay
- Upon receipt of your application and administration fee, your application is immediately available to the institution/s to which you have applied
- You will receive your Acknowledgement Letter within 24 hours
CAO Application Requirements for 2024-2025
Ensure to upload the following documents during your online applications
- Copy of ID AND
- Final Grade 11 Report (if you are in Grade 12) OR
- Highest qualification achieved
- Copy of study/residence permit (if you are a non-South-African applicant)
- June Grade 12 Report (as soon as you receive it if you are currently in Grade 12)
- September/Trials Grade 12 Report (as soon as you receive it if you are currently in Grade 12)
- Any other document requested by the institution, eg. Academic Record
How to Apply
The preferred way to apply is online at www.cao.ac.za
- Go to our website: www.cao.ac.za and click on ‘Apply’
- Read the information and click on ‘Continue with Application
- Enter your ID number and click on ‘Submit’
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on ‘Continue with Application
- Start to enter ALL the details requested. Once you have entered all the requested information, click on ‘Next’
- Click on ‘Continue with Online Application
- A pop-up window will appear with your CAO number, password and EasyPay number. Read the instructions
- Click on ‘Continue with Online Application’.
- Follow the instructions and complete ALL the information requested, then click ‘Next’.
- Complete the ‘Next of Kin’ details and click ‘Next’.
- Insert the school name and click on ‘Search’. The school name will appear in a box and you must enter the year you attended that school and the year you finished attending that school.
- Click ‘Next’.
- When you reach ‘Process My Application’, click on the button.
Uploading documents on the CAO website
- Go to the Central Applications Office website, www.cao.ac.za
- Click on the ‘Upload My Document icon on the Home Page.
- Read the instructions to know what you need ‘to log in to upload your documents’.
- Once logged in, follow the steps provided to upload your documents and enter your related examination results, where required.
- Review and make sure that you have uploaded the correct documents and entered the correct results, where required.
- Once you are ready to submit, click the ‘Submit My Documents’ icon.
In order to log in to upload your documents, you must have the following:
- Your CAO or ID number AND
- Cell phone (with cell number entered on your application)
- Access to your email (which was entered into your application.
How to reach Central Applications Office
- Physical Address
- Gate 11, Mary Thiphe Street (previously Cato Manor Road), Durban
- Postal Address:
- Private Bag X06,
- Dalbridge, 4014
- Email Address:
- Telephone Number
- 031 268 4444
- 0860 860 226
For more information about Central Applications Office, visit the official page
- South African Universities Prospectus 2024 Pdf Download
- Universities with free online application 2024-2025
- Requirements For Universities And Colleges In South Africa