How Do I Apply for Unisa for the first time?
How Do I Apply for Unisa for the first time?
You must apply for admission for the 2024 academic year within this application period. Admission to the 2024 semester 1 academic year is now open to all potential applicants who desire to begin new qualifications at the University of South Africa from 01/14 September to October 13 and November 10 2023 for undergraduate and postgraduate qualifications. You should be aware that the Unisa application form is presently open and will close on November 10, 2023.
Before accepting an offer from Unisa, first-year applicants must take the First-Year Experience MOOC (massive open online course).
Who is a First-time student?
Everyone starting a new qualification, including first-time Unisa applicants, must apply for a Unisa Student Number.
You are considered to be a new student if:
- You were not enrolled in any course at the University of South Africa (UNISA) before;
- You did not have a UNISA Student number in any previous year.
Which qualification should a Unisa first-time applicant select?
Unisa careers are a work in progress, and you must make career decisions on a regular basis, including what to study. Your first step should be to determine what types of changes you want to prepare for. If you wish to be an accountant, for example, you must select a qualification such as an Accounting science degree to prepare you.
The next step is to conduct research on yourself (your interests, values, and skills) and employment options (through Google and job websites, in-person and online conversations with professionals, job shadowing, and volunteer work). This procedure will assist you in determining which qualifications are more relevant to your job. Complete the career counselling tasks to assist you in deciding what to study.
Documents Needed For Unisa Application:
You will need to upload these in digital format, such as PDF, into the Application Form. Please prepare your digital documents for upload. When requested, please UPLOAD the necessary documents.
- Copy of your school qualifications
- Copy of your official tertiary academic record(s) (if applicable) (internet copies will not be accepted)
- Copy of your ID document (RSA students) or ID/passport (international students)
- Copy of your marriage certificate (if applicable) or divorce decree (if applicable)
- Sworn translations of documents if they are not in English or Afrikaans
See Also: How to pay Unisa Application Fee
Unisa Application Fee For 2024-2025
The cost or fee for online applications is R135.00.
The fee is non-refundable even if you decide not to study at Unisa, do not qualify for admission, or are not awarded a spot owing to restricted space availability. Unisa does not provide cashier services, and payments must be made through a bank.
The application fee is only required for first-time Unisa applicants. If you have previously paid an application fee at Unisa, you do not have to pay it again.
The application fee is due on the last day of the application period. Any application that is not accompanied by a properly paid application fee will be rejected. Please keep a copy of your payment evidence on file.
How to Apply for Admission to Unisa 2024?
If you are a first-time applicant to the University of South Africa UNISA, please follow the steps below to apply for undergraduate or postgraduate qualifications:
- Go to the Unisa website at www.unisa.ac.za
- Click on ‘Proceed to ODEL & Unisa’
- Click on ‘apply now
- Click on Undergraduate Qualification
- Fill in the blanks with your personal information.
- Select the qualification you want to apply for
- Choose the qualification you wish to study
- Fill the empty field with your personal details and proceed
- Upload all supporting and required documents
- After you’ve reviewed your application, submit it.
- Pay the R135 application fee
- You will be given a student number after payment
- Track and check your status
- Once approved, accept the offer
- Register your module
- Pay your tuition fee and start lectures
When can I expect feedback on my Unisa application as a new applicant?
After completing the online application process, the system will notify you if your application is successful. Nonetheless, you may not receive feedback from Unisa until six to eight weeks following the application deadline.
CONTACT UNISA NOW!!!
- Telephone Number: 0800 075 278/0800 00 1870
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Unisa 2024 Application Link Now Open
- Unisa 2024 Application Dates – www.unisa.ac.za
- Start Application – 2024 Online Applications – UNISA