Tuition Fees at Wits University For 2025-2026

By |

Tuition Fees at Wits University For 2025-2026

Tuition Fees at Wits University For 2025-2026

The University of the Witwatersrand has released the official tuition fees for all undergraduate, postgraduate, diploma, and online students for the upcoming academic year (2025-2026). Specific details about payment deadlines and procedures will be published here on this page.

Remember, you’ll need to pay your fees after securing admission to your chosen program. While there’s an estimated annual cost for each program, slight variations might occur depending on the modules you select. Stay tuned for further information on payment methods and deadlines.

Fees are the overall cost of tuition, but keep in mind that there are still other expenses for books, necessary photocopying, printing, transportation, food, and lodging.

Wits University Application Fees: South Africans vs. International Applicants

The application fee for Wits University varies depending on your nationality. South African residents pay a non-refundable fee of R100, while international applicants pay R700. Make sure to include your ID number or phone number as a reference when paying the fee.

The Final Date for all payments to be effected

  • All students except for international students must pay the first payment of R9 340 before registration (any deposit paid in advance to secure the offer of a place will be credited to this first payment fee).
  • Donor and sponsored student fees are due and payable on 30 June 2024
  • NSFAS grant students are not required to pay an upfront fee, as this is paid for by NSFAS.
  • Occasional students must pay the fee in full upfront.
  •  In online Courses, students must pay the fee in full upfront.
  • The balance of the fee is due and payable by 30 April 2024.
  • Every student should receive a statement of fees dated 31 March 2024. If this statement has not been received by 30 April 2024

What is Wits University’s payment policy?

The channels through which all payments are made are listed below.

  • Electronic fund transfer (EFT)
  • A bank transfer form
  • The MTN Momo application.

Those who Prefer paying through the official bank account and Mobile Money

The following are the bank account numbers for fee payments at the university:

  • Bank: Standard Bank
  • Account Number 002 891 697
  • Branch Code: 004 80
  • IBT No. : 131
  • Branch: Braamfontein
  • SWIFT Code: SBZAZAJJ (International students only)
  • Reference: Student number ONLY
  • Bank: First National Bank
  • Account Number: 622 7055 1015
  • Branch Code: 210 554
  • Branch: Braamfontein
  • SWIFT Code: FIRNZAJJ (International students only)
  • Reference: Student number (ONLY)
  • How to make a mobile money transfer payment
  • Download the MTN Momo application to your mobile device
  •  Enter your student number
  •  Scan the barcode on the Student Fee statement for payment

Closing date for international applicants:

For overseas students, 75 percent of the total fees are required and prepaid, with the remaining 25% due by March 31.

Ensure this after payment:

  • Students must ensure that all payments are made at least 10 working days before enrollment.
  • The student may go to the Wits International Office for registration completion once the money has cleared in our bank and is reflected on the Fee account.

University of the Witwatersrand (WITS) Contact Details

General enquiries

Admission enquiries

+27 (0)11 717 1000


+27 (0)11 717 1888

Postal address

Physical Address

  • Private Bag 4
  • WITS
  • 2050
  • 1 Jan Smuts Avenue,
  • Braamfontein 2000,
  • Johannesburg,
  • South Africa

For more information about WITS UNIVERSITY, visit the official website.

Related Posts: