How to Apply for UFS Online 2024-2025
How to Apply for UFS Online 2024-2025, APPLICATION TO STUDY AT THE UFS
It might be daunting to submit your first online application to the University of the Free State, especially if you have recently finished your matric or Grade 12 exams. We wrote this article to enable applicants and students for the academic year 2024-2025 who are applying online to feel less stressed and frustrated.
The University of the Free State now accepts online applications from all prospective students for the class of 2024. Read this article if you’re experiencing problems submitting, applying, or even finishing the University of the Free State online application form.
After April 1, 2023, the University of the Free State will only accept applications submitted online. We regret to inform you that the University of the Free State’s online application portal won’t be open until April 1, 2023. Until April 1, 2023, you most likely won’t be able to access the online application portal for the January 2024 intake.
What is required to submit an online application for January 2024-2025 intake to the University of the Free State?
You must have a smart device with internet access to apply or submit an online application to the University of the Free State. You can apply to the University of the Free State with your smartphone or any other internet-connected device. Internet Explorer (IE) version 7 or 8 or higher browsers is the best browser for the University of the Free State’s online applications due to its compatibility with the University of the Free State online application portal system.
Finally, an email, scan copies of supporting documents, and a contact number are required when applying or submitting an online application to the University of the Free State.
PLEASE NOTE THIS
Your student number, which serves as your specific reference number, will be provided to you when your online application has been completed and approved. It is NOT implied that you have been accepted by the University of the Free State just because you have received a student number (Reference number).
Documents Needed for UFS Submission During the Online Application Process
Prospective students applying to the University of the Free State for the January 2024 intake should have the following documents available to upload while their application is being processed:
Certificate, Diploma & Bachelor’s degree Applicants
- A scanned copy of an ID
- parent’s ID or passport if you are younger than 18
- Your final Grade 11 results with the school’s stamp
- National Senior Certificate (NSC) or Grade 12 IEB certificate
- Transfer applicants must also provide conduct certificates from their previous universities
- A scanned copy of your passport
- certified school-leaving certificate and relevant diplomas
- USAf accreditation from the examination board for South African universities.
- Study-permit and visa
Masters & Doctorate Degree Applicants
- Students transferring from other universities must include a certificate of conduct as well as a study record from their previous university with their applications
- International postgraduate students must attach certified copies of degrees/certificates to their applications.
- Study-permit and visa
- A scanned copy of an ID
- Departmental application form, CV, motivation, reports, dissertation/thesis proposal.
The University of the Free State will not charge an application fee in 2024–2025.
How to Apply at the University of the Free State
To begin, you must obtain an application form. You can download the application form from the University of the Free State’s website, contact its information department and request that it be mailed to you, or pick it up at any of its campuses. Each prospective student must complete the online application form for 2024 intake
Please be aware that the NSFAS 2024 appeals process is now open to all returning, continuing, and new students. Within 30 days of receiving the unsuccessful status, students should file an appeal through their myNSFAS account. For more information on how to file an appeal, go to www.nsfas.org.za.
Complete every step, then submit your electronic application. Make sure you fully fill out the application; for example, note in the appropriate section if you require housing in an on-campus house or financial aid.
How to Fill Out the University of the Free State Application Form for the Academic Year 2024-2025
Please follow the instructions below to complete the University of the Free State online application form.
- Visit the official website of the University of the Free State at https://apply.ufs.ac.za.
- Choose the “Apply” tab from the page’s top menu.
- Choose Start Application when you go to the application portal.
- Check the accuracy of your email and mailing addresses.
- submit your personal data
- Choose your studies wisely.
- Include your contact details
- Please list your selection criteria.
- Publish all supporting files
- Choose the Agreement checkbox.
- Fill out and send in your forms.
The University of the Free State Courses and Entry Requirements
- The University has set the minimum academic requirements for admission to the University of the Free State study programmes in 2024.
- Applicants writing the National Senior Certificate (NSC) through IEB or SACAI examining bodies can apply online by selecting “National Senior Certificate” under the Results Detail page of the online application process.
- Applicants writing the Cambridge International Examination can apply online by selecting “Cambridge” under the Results Details page of the online application process
- Applicants currently in Grade 12 are requested to provide school stamped copies of final Grade 11 and or grade 12 June report.
- Applicants transferring from another university/tertiary institution are required to declare their previous studies when applying as well as upload an official full academic record/transcript with the certificate of conduct and degree/diploma certificate (where applicable).
- The University of the Free State does not accept the General Education Development (GED) test for entry into any of its curricular undergraduate qualifications. The GED is no longer recognized by Universities South Africa (USAf), and is not equivalent to a South African grade 12 (NSC/IEB/SACAI). Applicants who completed the GED and would like to study towards an undergraduate curricular qualification are advised to register and complete a grade 12 NSC/IEB/SACAI or international equivalent thereof.
- Applicants who did not complete /NSC/IEB must have USAF accreditation from the examination board for South African Universities. Click HERE to apply online for conditional exemption, foreign conditional exemption, or mature age conditional exemption, or send an email to email@example.com.
UFS Contact details for assistance and enquiries
- Phone +27 51 401 9111
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone +27 51 401 3000 / 2525 / 9288
- Email email@example.com
- UFS Online Application 2024-2025 Login Now Open
- When can I apply to UFS for 2024-2025 | apply.ufs.ac.za
- What is the closing Date for University of Free State for 2024-2025
- Is UFS Open For 2024-2025 Intake | www.ufs.ac.za online application