NSFAS Forms For 2024-2025
NSFAS Forms For 2024-2025
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) is now open to all South African students who wish to apply for financial support for the academic year 2024-2025 beginning on September 28th, 2023. To apply for NSFAS funding, go online to www.nsfas.org.za and fill out the online application form for the academic year 2024-2025, which starts from September 28 to January 31, 2024. The NSFAS application form can only be accessed and completed online; no printed copies will be accepted.
If you are a South African student with a gross household income of less than R350 000 and an active email address and phone number, you are eligible to apply for NSFAS support for the academic year 2024-2025. Simply gather all supporting documents, even if you are a SASSA recipient or a student with a disability, and log into the NSFAS application portal at www.nsfas.org.za between 28 September this year and 31 January next year to have your tuition, accommodation, transportation, food, and books covered.
Understanding NSFAS 2024:
Begin by familiarizing yourself with the NSFAS program and its eligibility criteria. NSFAS provides financial aid to South African students who lack the financial means to fund their tertiary education. Learn about the requirements, application deadlines, and types of financial assistance available in this post.
NSFAS Application Requirements For 2024-2025
To apply for financial aid with the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) in South Africa, you need to meet the following requirements:
- Smart card (Front and back page)
- Proof of income (where applicable)
- Disability Annexure A form (Disability student)
- Copy of student ID / Birth certificate
- Copy of parent/s or guardian/ spouse ID
- An applicant who is recognized as a vulnerable child by the Department of Social Development must provide a completed Vulnerable Child Declaration form completed by a social worker
- Declaration form: Non-SASSA
- A certified copy of your most recent academic results
- Proof of acceptance or provisional acceptance from a recognized public university or TVET college
- Applicants whose combined household income is not more than R350 000 per annum
- A person with a disability: Combined household income must not be more than R600 000 per annum
- Students who started studying before 2018 and whose household income is not more than R122 000 per annum.
- Students with an email address and a working phone number
- South African nationality or permanent residency in South Africa
NSFAS Application deadlines For 2024
National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) online applications for the academic year 2024-2025 will be open on 28 September 2023 and are expected to be closed on 31 January 2024. NSFAS will not consider any application form submitted after 31 January 2024 for the academic year 2024. All NSFAS-required documents therefore must be submitted via www.nsfas.org.za before the deadline.
NSFAS Categories For 2024
There are several types of financial assistance that NSFAS provides:
Bursaries: NSFAS provides bursaries to students who come from low-income households and are studying at a public university or TVET college. These bursaries cover the cost of tuition, accommodation, meals, learning materials, and a personal allowance.
Loans: NSFAS also provides loans to students who do not qualify for a bursary but still require financial assistance. These loans must be repaid, but there are favourable terms and conditions, including low-interest rates and flexible repayment options.
National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) for postgraduate studies: NSFAS provides financial assistance to students who are pursuing postgraduate studies (honours, master’s, or doctoral degrees) at a public university. This assistance can cover the cost of tuition, accommodation, and a living allowance.
Funza Lushaka Bursary Programme: This is a bursary program offered by NSFAS specifically for students who are studying to become teachers. The bursaries cover the cost of tuition, accommodation, meals, learning materials, and a personal allowance.
Completing the NSFAS Application Form For 2024-2025:
NSFAS application forms consist of various sections, each requiring specific information. Be sure to understand each section and provide the requested details accordingly. Common sections include personal information, household income, academic institution details, and bank account information. Double-check your responses for accuracy before submitting your application.
Once you have completed all the required sections and reviewed your application, submit it through the NSFAS online portal. Take note of the submission deadline to avoid missing out on financial aid opportunities. After submission, keep a copy of your application for future reference.
Tracking Your NSFAS Application Status 2024-2025:
NSFAS provides an online tracking system via www.nsfas.org.za/track-nsfas application status that allows you to monitor the progress of your application. Take advantage of this feature to stay updated on the status of your application. Be patient, as the processing time may vary, and NSFAS will notify you of the outcome via email or SMS.
- NSFAS Toll-Free Helpline:
- Phone Number: 08000 NSFAS (08000 67327)
- Operating Hours: Monday to Friday, 08:30 am to 17:00 pm
- NSFAS Email:
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- NSFAS Online Platforms:
- NSFAS Social Media:
- Twitter: @myNSFAS
- Facebook: National Student Financial Aid Scheme – NSFAS
- www.nsfas.org.za apply online 2024-2025
- Who Qualifies For NSFAS Funding 2024-2025
- NSFAS Monthly Allowance 2024-2025