How Can I Apply For NSFAS At Unisa 2024-2025?
How Can I Apply For NSFAS At Unisa 2024-2025?
Applications for the academic year 2024 under the UNISA National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) are already being accepted and will remain available until January 31 of the following year. The NSFAS online application form is available at www.nsfas.org.za/online-login 2024 FROM 28 SEPTEMBER 2023 – 31 JANUARY 2025. If you are a new student at the University of South Africa or a returning student applying for the second semester of the academic year 2024-2025, now is the time to secure funding for your registration, tuition, housing, transportation, learning materials, and monthly allowances for food, and toiletries.
The University of South Africa, UNISA, must submit all NSFAS applications using the NSFAS website at https://my.nsfas.org.za. This is due to the fact that NSFAS does not accept applications that are submitted by email, mail, or even in person. You must go to the aforementioned portal in order to download the NSFAS application form online. From September 28, 2023, through January 31, 2024, visit https://my.nsfas.org.za to submit an application for NSFAS.
Qualifications for NSFAS Funding>>Who can Apply For NSFAS
Your NSFAS application will only be considered if you
- Are yet to receive NSFAS funding in 2024
- Are yet to complete an undergraduate degree or diploma.
- Are a South African citizen.
- need funding for a diploma and Bachelor degree’s qualifications.
- A Student who has completed a higher certificate and will be starting a degree/diploma qualification in 2023 must re-apply for NSFAS funding.
- Have an email account and a cell number
- Have a combined household income of R350,000 or less
- Are physically challenged
- Are a recipient of SASSA
NSFAS Application Required Documents To Submit For 2024
Your NSFAS UNISA application is incomplete without the following documents:
- Smart card: both sides of the card required
- Proof of income (where applicable)
- Persons living with disability (Disability Annexure A form)
- Copy of student ID / Birth certificate
- Copy of parent/s or guardian/ spouse ID
- An applicant who is recognized as a vulnerable child by the Department of Social Development must provide a completed Vulnerable Child Declaration form completed by a social worker
- Declaration form: Non-SASSA
See Also: NSFAS Monthly Allowance 2024-2025
Benefits of NSFAS: Allowances paid to UNISA Students by NSFAS
Below is a breakdown of the NSFAS allowances each UNISA student will receive for the academic year 2024, which will be announced or paid in June 2024.
- Accommodation Allowance under UNISA In accordance with the real rates imposed by UNISA (NSFAS Rent Allowance, private housing expenses may not exceed university housing expenses),
- UNISA NSFAS provides annual transportation allowances of R7 500 for trips up to 40 kilometres from the institution.
- A yearly living allowance of R15,000 for each student at UNISA
- Students in the UNISA NSFAS program are given a yearly book allowance of R5200.
- For students residing in catered apartments, an incidental/personal care allowance of R2900 per year is provided.
NSFAS 2024 Appeals For Unsuccessful Students
Appeals for new and continuing students will be open from 20 January 2024 to 20 February 2024. All students are required to appeal directly to NSFAS via the myNSFAS portal.
Who can appeal?
A UNISA student whose application for financial aid is rejected or the financial aid for a continuing student is withdrawn, may lodge an appeal with the NSFAS. The appeal decisions are subject to budget availability. Appeals will only be considered for students who have applied to NSFAS for Financial Aid.
Read Also: NSFAS For UNISA Students 2024
2024 NSFAS registration at UNISA
To register your Modules at the University of South Africa for the academic year 2024-2025, see the information below
Returning NSFAS students who received funding in 2023, have been declined for funding in 2024 but have appealed the decision: Please pay the minimum registration fee while you wait for the NSFAS appeal decision if you chose to do so.
Returning NSFAS students who received financial aid in 2023 but have not yet earned their degree: While you wait for NSFAS funding confirmation for the 2024 academic year, please make sure that you are temporarily registered during Unisa’s registration period.
First-time NSFAS applicants: Please ensure that you are temporarily registered during Unisa’s registration period while waiting for NSFAS funding confirmation. If your NSFAS application is declined or delayed by the time the registration period closes, you will be expected to find alternative funding before your registration will be activated.
For the registration dates, please visit the Unisa website: www.unisa.ac.za/register
UNISA NSFAS Contacts
- NSFAS Toll-Free Helpline:
- Phone Number: 08000 NSFAS (08000 67327)
- Operating Hours: Monday to Friday, 08:30 am to 17:00 pm
- NSFAS Email:
- Email Address: email@example.com
- NSFAS Online Platforms:
- NSFAS Social Media:
- Twitter: @myNSFAS
- Facebook: National Student Financial Aid Scheme – NSFAS
- What Will NSFAS Cover For UNISA Students 2024?
- UNISA NSFAS Allowances For 2024
- UNISA NSFAS Second Semester 2024 Applications