How Do I apply for UCT 2024/2025?
How Do I apply for UCT 2024/2025
The University of Cape Town (UCT) Management is notifying for the information of potential applicants and the general public that applications for the school’s 2024/2025 academic year are now open from April 2024. Parents and prospective students are encouraged to check this page for any updates on the online application process.
UCT Dates: Applications at the University of Cape Town (UCT) open from April 01, 2024.
How to Apply at the University of Cape Town (UCT) Online Application Form 2024/2025
If you want to study at UCT, apply for 2024/2025 admission to Undergraduate and Postgraduate studies. In order to apply, follow the steps below:
- Log into UCT official website @ www.uct.ac.za online
- At the top menu of the page, click on “Applicants & Students“
- Please, read the information thoroughly on this page.
- Then, you click on “Prospective students” from the list of items on the page.
- A welcome message from UCT will be displayed on the page. Kindly read the information and proceed to the next page.
- Click on the “Applications” tab at the top menu of the “Prospective Students” page
- Click on “Apply” using the drop-box list
- Select your qualification “Undergraduate or Postgraduate“
- Read the Application instructions and proceed to the next stage. Applicants should not skip this.
- On the left side of the application instruction page, click on the “Apply Online” tab
- An online application page will be open for you to fill in your details.
- Then, select your qualification from the list (Undergraduate, Postgraduate, etc)
- Read the information and select the year you are applying for
- Click on the “Click here to continue” tab to complete the application process
- Upload the required documents
- Submit your application for review by clicking on the Submission Button.
Please Note: Remember to submit your application as soon as possible after starting the online application.
- Applications for admission in 2024/2025 will open on April 1. Applications will close on 31 July 2024 for all undergraduate programmes. they do not consider late applications.
- The National Benchmark Tests (NBTs) will open for registrations for the 2023 intake.
UCT Application Fees 2023-2024
|Category of Applicants||Application fee applicable|
|Undergraduate and postgraduate applications from South Africa and the Southern African Development Community (SADC) region||R100|
|Undergraduate and postgraduate applications from outside the SADC region||R300
|Graduate School of Business (GSB) applications from South Africa and African citizens/residents
|GSB applications from outside of Africa
Admission Selection Criteria
The requirements for admission vary based on what you wish to study. The following are the requirements for certificate courses, diplomas, and degrees:
Bachelor’s Degree Study
To be eligible for admission to degree study, applicants need to meet the minimum requirements for eligibility:
- Applicants holding a South African National Senior Certificate (NSC) need to pass a minimum of 4 subjects at a rating of 4 (Adequate Achievement, 50-59%) or better in any four 20-credit NSC subjects.
- Applicants holding a South African Senior Certificate need matriculation endorsement.
- Applicants holding non-South African school-leaving certificates must qualify for a matriculation exemption certificate
Undergraduate Certificate Study
To confirm eligibility for admission to undergraduate certificate study, applicants must consult the Admissions Office or the faculty concerned.
Undergraduate Diploma Study
The minimum requirement for admission to undergraduate diploma study is a National Senior Certificate (NSC) as certified by Umalusi with an achievement rating of 3 (Moderate Achievement, 40-49%) or better in 4 recognized NSC 20-credit subjects.
UCT Contact Details
University of Cape Town, Level 4, Masingene Building, Middle Campus, Rondebosch
Cape Town, South Africa
OTHER RELATED LINKS: