Is the UMS Postgraduate application for 1-2022/2023 Open
Is the UMS Postgraduate application for 1-2022/2023 Open
Because most HR departments require extensive academic experience from their employees, enrolling in any of the postgraduate programmes is a must for those looking for higher pay. There is no end to learning, they say, and those with a higher degree are rewarded handsomely. The University Malaysia Sabah (UMS) has announced the application dates, process, and requirements for applicants seeking to advance their academic careers.
The University Malaysia Sabah (UMS) has announced that new postgraduate students and prospective applicants interested in pursuing any of the available Masters, Honors, and Doctorate courses must submit an application form before the deadline for the 2022/2023 academic year. The deadline may not be extended in order to accommodate those who are unable to apply within the specified timeframes.
The University Malaysia Sabah (UMS) Postgraduate Application Deadlines for 2022/2023
Prospective master’s and doctoral students must apply by the deadlines if they want to be accepted the year they apply. Meeting the application deadline is critical to your admission or application process, and you will benefit from submitting your application on or before the deadline. The following table lists all of the application dates and deadlines:
Intake Session Deadline Description
- 2-2022/2023 30/11/2022 12:00:00 AM February 2023 Intake
- 1-2023/2024 30/6/2023 12:00:00 AM August 2023 Intake (Coursework)
- Postgraduate application for Research for February 2023 Intake will be closed on 30th of November 2022, 11.59 p.m
How to Apply for Postgraduate Admission to UMS in 2022-2023
Prospective master’s and doctoral students must complete the steps outlined below in order to apply online:
- STEP 1: Log in to http://plums.ums.edu.my/prospective-students/applcation-guide/postgraduate
- STEP 2: Create a New Application
- STEP 3: Pay the Application Fee Online
- STEP 4: Complete the Information and Upload the Required Documents
- STEP 5: Verify and Submit Application Through Declaration
Postgraduate Processing Fee
The processing charge will only apply to students who register. This charge will be included in the
student fee charge:
- UMS Local applicant: RM50
- International applicant: USD 35
Method Of Payment For International Students
- Beneficiary: Universiti Malaysia Sabah
- Account Bank No: 510013022413
- Bank Name: Malayan Banking Berhad
- Swift Code: MBBEMYKLXXX
International Applicant are REQUIRED to;
- Submit substantial evidence of financial statuses such as bank and sponsor’s guarantee letters and other supporting documents to ensure that the candidates are financially able to further their studies at Universiti Malaysia Sabah;
- Candidates from non-English speaking countries must submit an English language test result of either IELTS [minimum Band 5] or TOEFL [minimum 500/173].
What programs are offered and what are the eligibility requirements for the application
A candidate who wishes to enroll in a Master’s degree postgraduate programme shall fulfil the following requirements:-
- attain a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from any higher education institution recognised by the Senate and with a minimum CGPA of 2.75; or
- attain a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with a minimum CGPA of 2.50 and not meeting a CGPA of 2.75, can be accepted subject to rigorous internal assessment; or
- attain a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent not meeting CGPA 2.50, can be accepted subject to a minimum of five (5) years working experience in a relevant field; or
- passes APEL (subject to the programme approval from MQA); or
- other requirements stipulated by the Faculty/Centre/Institute accepted by the Senate
Degree of Master of Philosophy
A candidate who intends to enroll in the Master Degree of Philosophy programme shall attain at least a Bachelor’s Degree with a CGPA of 3.00 from a University or any higher education institution recognized by the Senate.
Master Programme (By Coursework)
- A Bachelor’s degree with a minimum CGPA of 2.50 or equivalent from Universiti Malaysia Sabah or any other higher institution recognized by the Senate of Universiti Malaysia Sabah; or
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent not meeting a CGPA of 2.50, can be accepted subject to a minimum of 5 years of working experience in a relevant field; or
- Applicants are subject to meet additional requirements specified by Faculties/Centre/Institutes.
Master in Public Health (By Coursework)
- Candidate holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine & Surgery (MBBS) OR Doctor of Medicine Degree (M.D.) OR equivalent undergraduate medical qualifications that are recognized by UMS Senate;
- Candidate must have successfully completed 2 years of Houseman Training (Housemanship);
- Candidate must have a minimum of 2 years of clinical experience post-full Registration that is certified by the relevant authorities (e.g: Malaysian Medical Council).
- Candidates from non-English speaking countries must submit valid English Language test results: IELTS – minimum BAND 5; OR TOEFL – minimum 500/173
How can I check the result of my application after submission for 2022-2023
An Applicant must track their application by doing the following processes below
- Go to https://mohon.ums.edu.my/pasca/ to access the UMS Admission Status Portal.
- Log in using your Application Details, which include your ID/Passport, password, and/or index number.
- To download and print your admission letter, go to the Admission Letter section
Visit the official website for more information
- Universiti Malaysia Perlis Online Application 2023/2024
- How to Apply to Universiti Malaysia Kelantan For 2023/2024
- UKM Online Application Undergraduate 2023/2024