How can I apply for Sabah University in Malaysia-UMS 2023
How can I apply for Sabah University in Malaysia-UMS 2023, UMS Application Undergraduate
Applicants to the University Malaysia Sabah (UMS) will learn how to apply for admission as a first-time applicant, when to apply, and what documents to upload during the application process on this platform. Applicants can also view the admission requirements for various qualifications, as well as the application cost for each application, whether they apply online or by hand.
Students interested in undergraduate, international, distance education, and online courses can now apply to the University Malaysia Sabah (UMS). There is only a limited time for the university to receive all applications by submitting the application form.
Eligibility criteria for Online admissions to the University Malaysia Sabah (UMS) for the 2023/2024 academic year
Despite the fact that the application is open to the public, the university does not expect applications from a specific demographic. Typically, the application period is open to first-time (local or international) candidates and those whose previous applications were rejected. Students who are already enrolled in other tertiary institutions but wish to attend the University Malaysia Sabah (UMS) will be considered individually.
The University Malaysia Sabah (UMS) Deadlines for 2023/2024
We have published the application deadlines for all two intakes of the University Malaysia Sabah (UMS), as required by our mandate If you intend to apply for admission. The application is open all year, but there are still cutoff dates for online applications, which are listed below.
- September Intake: 19 February 2023- 30 June 2023
- February Intake: 16 October 2022-17 December 2022
University Malaysia Sabah (UMS) Supporting Documents for 2023 intake
The following documents must be prepared in PDF or JPEG format, with a certified true copy:
- Official certificates, transcripts, mark sheets or school reports from each secondary or college attended.
- Translated copies of certificates (if issued other than in English or Malay Language)
- IELTS/TOEFL/MUET/PTE/Cambridge O Level/Authorization Letter from an institution in which the medium instruction is English
- Copy of passport (Details page only in colour)
- Passport size photo in white background (Jpeg format)
- Letter of scholarship (if any)
- Receipt of processing fee payment (IF you choose the Telegraphic Transfer method of payment for processing fees)
University Malaysia Sabah (UMS) Processing Fee
After successfully creating your login ID, you need to pay the processing fees amounted RM227.00. Payment of method you may pay via credit card or Telegraphic Transfer.
If you choose Telegraphic Transfer processing fees payment should be made payable to:
- TYPE OF TRANSFER Telegraph Transfer (T.T) only
- ACCOUNT NAME UNIVERSITI MALAYSIA SABAH
- ACCOUNT NO. 5100-1302-2413
- BANK NAME Maybank
- BANK ADDRESS Malayan Banking Berhad, No.9 Jalan Pantai, 88000, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah
- SWIFT CODE MBBEMYKLXXX
All electronic documents must be in a file format that can be uploaded (recommended) pdf.doc and jpg image files, the file size limit is 2.5MB per file)
- A certified document is the photocopy of the original which has been stamped, signed and dated with the name and position clearly written to confirm that it is a true copy of the original sighted by one of these authorized persons:
- Your current/previous education institution
- A solicitor or lawyer
- A commissioner of oath.
- To request the certification of a copy of the document, you will need to bring both the original and the copy to your chosen authorized person.
- If your documentation is in a language other than English, an official is certified. The translation must be provided
How to Apply to the University Malaysia Sabah (UMS) in 2023/2024
Here are a few extra details to aid you with your application. Follow the advice listed below for a successful application. This online application is only applicable to International Students. There are quite a number of steps involved in the application process, follow through to have a successful application:
- Step 1: Register Account
- Step 2: Verify Your Email
- Step 3: Create an Application
- Step 4: Provide the online application information
- Step 5: Upload the Required Documents
- Step 6: Pay the application fee
- Step 7: Declaration and Submission
University Malaysia Sabah (UMS) Entry Requirements
An international student seeking admission to the University Malaysia Sabah (UMS) must meet both the General Requirements and the additional course requirements. The general requirements for UMS are listed below. Students must meet any of the following requirements.
Higher Certificate of Education (STPM) or GCE ‘A’ Level or equivalent: –
- A pass in GCE ‘O’ Level or its equivalent;
- A pass in the STPM of GCE ‘A’ Level or Higher School Certificate (HSC) or its equivalent with at least grade C in any THREE (03) subjects;
- A pass in the Cambridge International Examination Test at least grade B; OR–
- Exceptions for English-speaking country which is stated in MQA qualifications; – OR–
- Exceptions for school/institute/college that uses English as the official language for learning and teaching
- Malaysian University English Test (MUET): Minimum Band 3 or-
- Test of English as A Foreign Language (TOEFL iBT): Minimum Score 42 – or-
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS): Minimum score 5.0 – or-
- Pearson Test of English (PTE): Minimum score 47 – or-
- Any other English equivalent qualification recognized by Universiti Malaysia Sabah
University Malaysia Sabah (UMS) Contact and Address
- Centre For Internationalisation and Global Engagement
- Level 5, South Block,
- Chancellery Building,
- Jalan UMS
- 88400 Kota Kinabalu Sabah, MALAYSIA
- Tel. No.: +6 088 – 320 000 (ext: 101 666)
- Fax. No. : +6 088 – 320 126
- Email: email@example.com
Visit the official website for more information
- Universiti Malaysia Pahang (UMP) Application Dates and Courses
- University of Malaysia Application and Deadlines 2023/2024
- How to Apply to Universiti Malaysia Kelantan For 2023/2024